The HABIT (Helping Acquired Brain Injury Together) programme is suitable for adults over 18 years and who are of working age. They will have sustained an Acquired Brain Injury and want to return to employment, volunteering, education or training.
The HABIT programme helps participants identify their personal strengths and areas for development and encourages them to set three goals. They:
- Learn how the brain works and recovers after a brain injury
- Learn about the various effects of brain injury
- Work on skills such as writing, memory, concentration, problem-solving, planning and processing
- Meet with others (either via Zoom or face-to-face) who have had similar experiences
- Learn strategies to help individuals in their day-to-day lives
Inclusion in this programme is dependent on an assessment from Headway Hertfordshire.
Find out more (including how to get a referral) by contacting Headway Hertfordshire on 0300 330 1455.